Asthma is a chronic lung condition in which inflammation of the airways or bronchi, affects the way air enters and leaves the lungs, disorderly breathing.Asthma is an ancient Greek word meaning "panting or short drawn breath." It is the the majority troublesome of the respiratory diseases. It affect twice as many boys as girls in childhood; more girls than boys in teenage and in adulthood, the ratio becomes 1:1 males to females. People with asthma have extra sensitive or hyper receptive airways. The airways react by narrowing or obstruct when they become irritated. This makes it hard for the air to move in and out.
The narrowing or obstruction of the airways is caused by: Airway inflammation (the airways in the lungs become red, swollen and narrow) Bronchoconstriction (the muscles that encircle the airways tighten or go into spasm)
Causes of Asthma
The various factors responsible for the cause of asthma are:
Lack of exercise: Many are in the habit of simple life that means without any exercises and such people when sometimes get exposed to some irritants expand allergies leading to the blockage of airways.
Main Genetic factors: Many of the families are suffering from this chronic disease. The people suffering from asthma also have other sensitive to conditions such as rhinitis i.e. irritation of nose lining.
Dietary changes: A high intake of process food, salt intake, a lower intake antioxidant and omega-3 fatty acids highly contribute in the growth of asthma.
Occupational exposure: The people working in the industry of baking, woodworking, spray painting of cars, farming and chemical production are prone to asthma due to various irritants such as dust, gases present there.
Environmental factors: Infections such as colds and flu, irritants such as dirt, cigarette smoke, fumes, house dust mites, pollen, medicines.
Home Remedies for Asthma
- The patient should perspire through steam bath, hot footbath, hot hipbath and sunbath as this will rouse the skin and relieve congested lungs. Honey is careful highly beneficial in the treatment of asthma. At the time of asthma attack a jug full of honey should be placed under the nose of patient, within few minutes the patient would start breathing simply. One can also mix 1 teaspoon honey in a glass of water and have it 3 times a day this is very fine home remedy for asthma.
- The patient should be given garlic cloves boiled in thirty grams of milk daily fineHome Remedy for asthma. Steaming ginger tea with minced garlic cloves should be given two times a day (morning and evening). This asthma remedy is fine natural remedy for asthma. A teaspoonful of turmeric powder with a glass of milk 2-3 times a day is optional. It is highly helpful when taken empty stomach. This remedy is also careful as good home remedies for asthma. During the assault mustard oil mixed with little camphor should be massaged over the back of the chest. EffectualHome Remedy for asthma, the patient should also be made to inhale steam from boiling water mixed with ajwain (caraway seeds). This is one of the simplest asthma treatments.
Herbal Supplements Package for Sinusitis, Asthma, Chronic Rhinitis & Coryza
1. Divya Swasari Ras 20 gm
2. Divya Sitopaladi choorna 25 gm
3. Divya Abhrak Bhasm 5 gm
4. Divya Praval Pisti 5 gm
5. Divya Trikatu Choorna 25 gm
6. Divya Lakshmi Vilasa Ras 40 gm
7. Divya Sanjivani Vati 20 gm
Mode of Administration
Medicine No.1,2,3,4,5 - Mix all these medicines together, divide into 60 part and take each an hour before breakfast & dinner with honey or warm water.
Medicine No.6,7 - 1 tab. from each twice/thrice a day. Take after meals i.e. after breakfast, lunch & dinner with hot water / milk.
Dosage : 1 Month
Name of Medicine
Divya Swasari Ras 20 gm
Divya Sitopaladi choorna 25 gm
Divya Abhrak Bhasm 5 gm
Divya Praval Pisti 5 gm
Divya Trikatu Choorna 25 gm
Divya Lakshmi Vilasa Ras 40 gm
Divya Sanjivani Vati 20 gm